Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Misfits halloween 1982


The Misfits and Reagan Youth played at the Northampton County Community College in 1982. I remember Reagan Youth was amazing ,played a blistering set ,some of the crowd didn't get it,most were there eagerly awaiting the Misfits.
  Hardcore was still undefined at this point no one had the same thrashing/slam dance/pogo style it was a creative free for all.
 The handbook wasn't written yet. Misfits played a complete set of all their classics,this was" Walk Among Us" era . Some highlights:138,skulls,die,die ,die my darling,Mommy,Hatebreeders and on and on. 
My friend Eric and I bummed a ride to the show since we did not have a car or drive yet,(we would have ridden our skateboards to this show if we had to!)8 miles away! 
Talked to some punk girls, if you met girls that were punk/hardcore you were stoked !
Here is a guitar pick from  the show. I didn't own a camera yet so no photo's ,damn! 
Black Flag was going to be the next show at NCCC ,never happened I think the school might have been scared to allow another show that they could not understand. 

4 comments:

theeasysubcult said...

wait that was 1982.
i was grounded that week.
i hated brunetti when he showed me his ticket stub the monday after at school.

theeasysubcult said...

also, go to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday November 12th,
at Jan's Room
$6 8pm

PISSED JEANS (subpop records, nazo youth crew)
http://www.whitedenim.com/pissedjeans/
WALLS(painkiller records, members of Iron Lung, Cold Sweat and Lords of Light)
http://painkillerrecords.com/mp3/walls/04%20Just%20Pain.mp3
EXIT REFLEX(ex blockhead)
http://hatethepolice.firstpress.net/exitreflex/


jansroom@gmail.com or 610 349 6607 for more info.

fracturedlens said...

I still have a ticket stub as soon as I find it it will be added to the post!

Anonymous said...

hey,
I'm puting together a biography of Reagan Youth and need to get ticket stubs/flyers et al. If you've got anything in the way of this, please could you email scans to me at robinlomax [at] hotmail.co.uk - that will be awesome! Thanks
Robin